The Irish Franchising Skillnet
The Irish Franchising Skillnet offers franchises the opportunity to get high-quality training for less, increase staff productivity and grow their business. We offer up to 20% funding on company training costs and will find the best courses to meet your skills demands.
In 2016 we saved Irish franchises over €100,000 and helped train over 1,000 people. We worked with 250 companies to upskill and reskill employees at all levels. We provided training to over 1,000 employed individuals and offered certified courses to over 50 jobseekers.
We are funded by our member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd., and funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
Advantages of training in the network context:
- Affordable - IFS funded training saved businesses over €100,000 in 2016
- Flexible - training will be delivered at a time that suits members
- Effective - training is developed and directly aligned to the company needs and strategies
- Accessible - training is provided near or at company sites
- Informative - companies in the Network share ideas, discover new information and develop new relationships
- To ensure that our excellent franchising culture continues to grow, through supporting Irish Franchisors and Master Franchisors to up skill their employees, franchisees and potential franchisees by developing appropriate training initiatives.
- To support the competitiveness of franchising businesses in Ireland through delivering required training initiatives.
- To develop a programme to promote franchising to those who are unemployed and have investment capital available as a means of starting their own business, or alternatively to assist them in finding employment within a franchise organisation.
- To examine the impact of this training and up skilling on Business Improvement using tangible measures.
- To conduct “training needs analyses" to determine the most appropriate training requirements across the franchise sector.
- To promote a training forum where current and potential Franchisors and Master franchisors can share supplier knowledge and network amongst themselves, hence increase their own brand awareness and business knowledge simultaneously.