This course will teach participants effective and essential Business Writing skills.The training days will be highly interactive, engaging and will be delivered with an emphasis on learning in a challenging yet relaxed and enjoyable manner. The intervention will include a variety of learning methods including activities, discussion, group exercises, etc. The training with be both facilitative, drawing on the knowledge of the attendees and instructional, providing knowledge as required.
Communicating with Clarity:
- The four stages of writing
- Know why you’re writing
- Focus on your readers
- Getting buy-in to your message
- Where to begin
- Creating and applying a writing checklist
Business Writing Essentials:
- Write to be understood
- Make every word count
- Strengthen your sentence structure
- How to get your message across using fewer words
- Write with plain-speak
- Essential Grammar rules
- Essential Punctuation rules
Common forms of Business Writing:
- Business Letters
- Memos and Reports
- Performance Appraisals
Writing Pitfalls to Avoid:
- Commonly confused words
- Writing mistakes to avoid
- Words to eliminate
- To improve attendees competence and confidence in the area of business writing.
- To apply a uniform approach to business writing.
- To provide attendees with the skills to deliver written word communication that meets the required standard for their organisation.
- To provide attendees with the skills to communicate with clarity through the written word.
- To help attendees avoid grammatical errors that can have a negative impact of how their written communication is received.
- To recognise the written word pitfalls to avoid.
CEO of Ark Speaking & Training
Author of Persuade on Purpose
Members:€1200 for a maximum of 16 participants
Non-members: €1500 for a maximum of 16 participants
Available on request